iAd Value for App Developers & Content Publishers
- New revenue stream for existing their apps through the 60/40 ad media revenue share with Apple.
- New source of business for developers through a new iAd development service.
- A better advertising channel to market their own Apps.
- Development tools that are "very easy" to use, according to Mr. Jobs.
- Simple & easy process - Apple sells and serves all iAds.
- Superior digital creative - iAds offer more interactivity than TV ads & more emotion than Display ads.
- Better user experience - according to the presentation, navigating an iAd is "very simple".
- Innovation value - brands can ride the "cool" and "innovative" halo from Apple.
- This lies with Apple's growing option value. I predict Apple will launch iStore which connects to merchant and travel back-ends via APIs and allow the user to transact via iTunes, just as they do currently with songs, movies, books and apps. Jobs mentioned a "shopping list" for Target - what does he mean? Is this a new form of shopping cart that Apple is working on?
- When will Apple launch iWord - a DR ad solution tied to App Store inquiry targeting?
Net, net...the winners: Apple, developers and publishers, brand marketers. And, the losers: Google, Microsoft, Adobe.
Do you agree? Please share your comments.